Monday, February 15, 2010

Disclaimers, Progress Reports, Thanks,Tributes---another long blog.

Disclaimer: Part of what you are about to read is not quite true. When I started this blog, my intent was to save it until it was true (I have excess time right now away from home, alone, with a computer). But then I put things in the blog that signified the date so I had to post it now. I could have just pretended it to be true now, since it will be for sure by the end of the week but one of my followers could have called me on it and would have. Okay? Read on.

Progress Report: First of all, before I make my major announcement I want to state that what I am about to reveal did not occur because of any comments from my last blog. I will not be intimidated by people who love to say "we told you so" or by people who accuse me of cheating or breaking rules or other such nonsense. The time had come and I took care of it. The announcement.... ALL OF THE CHRISTMAS DECORATION ARE PUT AWAY (okay,okay very, very close refer to disclaimer)(except of course you know). No, nothing or no one influenced me what so ever except maybe the need for the card table (which housed a lot of the decorations) for a party I am having this weekend or the need to protect myself from any embarrassment if, eeks, one of my guest would happen to stumbled (literally) into that room while on a self guided tour of the house looking to see if there was anything "new" we had done to the place. But blog commentors, rubbish, there little snips did not phase me one bit. (Obviously, now not only am I breaking rules I am lying--again disclaimer).

But while we are on the subject of rule breaking and who told who so, I would like to thank Gail for declaring that there are no rules and I would like to thank Carley for being a constant source of motivation (oops, did I let that slip). I would also like to thank Cayden, my youngest daughter, who Carley has pointed out to me has not had much play time in my blogs, for her current apathy. About the time she decides to start following the blogs, I am sure that I will have opened a door that is all about her. And,I must address this whole competition thing. Judy, the second blog thing won't cut it, Gail already has a second secret blog which I found tonight. If there must be a competition (you really think Judy, that Bill and I are a toss up for the funniest? Are you sure I don't have him by a tenth of a chuckle?), then this is what I think it should be. I think that the last person left blogging wins. I am not really for sure about this (since you know, we are the closest family that really don't know each other very well), but I believe that we have a problem with sticking to things. Now, I have gone back through the blogs and Judy, Bill and I are pretty close in the longest time between blogs but sadly I went the longest with 18 days. So....I would say we need to add to that just to give us a little breathing room, but we are all on a roll now so I propose that the only rule and competition is that we stay connected at least every 18 days. If we all stick with it we all win. Because, this is so very fun.

Oh yeah, the door, what is behind door number two? I have no clue. I am up in Kansas City, all by myself. Tomorrow, is Danielle's (Connor's wife) birthday and I am going to take care of Nico while they go out. I am so excited. She texted me today and said that Nico was a little fussy and that I might have to rock him for a while to get him to take a nap and she hoped that I did not mind. My reply "that is music to my ears." So, tomorrow as you all are doing your thing, know that I probably will have a sweet little boy in my arms.

A Tribute: Eight years ago today, or at least when I started this--it is after midnight now, our mother passed away. Oh, how I miss her so. I think she would like us all "connecting" and she might even join in and out wit us all. Remember on their I believe 50th anniversary, when I ask her if they still...and Bill interrupted and said "Jane!" and she replied "Twice a day". Then, I think the lights went out. And when they came back on Mom and Dad were making out (or at least that is how I remembered it, I could be making it up!) Here's to you Mom, Love you

Lights are going out here now, good night.

2 comments:

  1. Though I am very tempted to start yet a third blog so I could definitely win in that category and I even have a really great idea, I don't want to seem overly competitive. I like the idea that we are all winners if we just keep in touch and keep blogging. (Maybe I'll start a "secret" third blog so I'll know I won without appearing obsessed with winning.)Jane, thanks for the tribute to mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting on the bus this morning after doing a double and being awake all night. I turn on my Iphone (how do I love the, let me count the ways) and I find your blog. People are moving away from me as my laughter keeps increasing. I won't declare you a "winner" but I'd give the blog a 9. (Want to keep you motivated for that 10). I guess I'd better delete my secret blog. If you found it other's might find it and then it wouldn't be secret anymore. My thought was I could secretly blog everyday polishing my craft for the public one. That didn't happen. Life happens and then you blog.

    ReplyDelete